Last night my girls were practicing hitting the ball off the T while the boys were taking their showers. I had just walked outside to tell them it was their turn but decided to check the garden first. I didn't make it halfway out to the garden when I realized Emma had accidentally hit Erin in the head with the metal bat....my first suspicion....lots of BLOOD! I personally didn't think I could run anymore (being over 8 months pregnant), but I proved myself wrong! I darted across the yard to find lots of blood, so I did what any good mother would do and covered it with my hand, then a paper towel, and proceeded to call my neighbors to see who would like to come look at it...because I didn't want to look myself. Well, no one was home, so I had to look very quickly and then decided to call Sean (who was at Lowe's). He came home and said....yes....to the ER you go. It was a long three hour wait, but we got home a little after 11:00 p.m. Here is a picture of the boo-boo with three stitches...

And a picture of Erin with her new ring...she didn't even cry when they numbed the crater in her head...

Hopefully we have learned our lesson about metal bats!
On a lighter note, here is the shirt that the Purdue Bells made me...very creative...
1 comment:
Ouch! You are as brave as I am when it comes to the blood!
Post a Comment